Sandtray Play Work Course 1
FOR PROFICIENT TEACHERS
Completing this course will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 1.2.2 standard descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
FOR SCHOOL COUNSELLORS
This course will allow you to work closely with teachers and educators to initiate educational programs using Sandtray Play Work. These programs can be task oriented towards school projects or individually tasked. There is scope for school counsellors to complete further training towards becoming Sandtray Therapy Specialists.
Interested in working with children using non-verbal communication for learning and development. Ideal for children who have poor English skills, lack verbal skills or are new to learning English reading and writing skills. Individual learning can take place in a safe environment supported by your own unique therapeutic psychology.
Sandtray Play Work for academic learning, social development and emotional skills
(mandatory if learners would like to complete course 2 & 3)
- Demonstrate developmental theoretical knowledge to explain the role of social & environmental factors in the manifestation of challenging behaviour and child wellbeing as seen in their sand worlds
- Demonstrate knowledge of STPW working with children to development an understanding of appropriate teaching strategies for emotional regulation, creative writing and storytelling using ZDF universal design for learning to promote student participation in STPW, this includes hands-on experience of STPW as a teacher.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the stages of child intellectual development to meet the specific learning needs of students using STPW.
- Apply knowledge of the theoretical framework of STPW to develop understanding of and own experience in this approach.
- Experience own sense of well-being applying STPW in role plays supported by peers.